Safety Tips for Your Pets On Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is such an important holiday in our lives. It's a time to celebrate the many things we are thankful for with our loved ones. Of course, we love our pets and often want to include them in holiday festivities.
What should and shouldn't we do with our dogs this Thanksgiving?
During the Thanksgiving Holiday, you might have more visitors (whether it's family or close friends) than normal. While that may be a great opportunity to catch up and see loved ones you haven't seen in a while, it can be stressful for your pup if they aren't used to seeing that many people. Therefore, it's important that your pup has a safe space that they can go to without being disturbed.
Which decorations should we be wary of?
- Electrical Wires - risk of electrocuted
- Poinsettia -- mildly toxic; irritates mouth, stomach, or skin if ingested
- Acorns -- can cause an upset stomach
- Holly Berries - can cause severe gastrointestinal irritation
- Glass Ornaments/Pines/Tinsels -- increases likelihood of injury if bitten